About the Academy
The Hong Kong Academy of Medicine was established in 1993 to provide postgraduate medical and dental education and training in Hong Kong.
We are an independent statutory institution charged with organising, monitoring, assessing and accrediting all medical and dental specialist training in Hong Kong.
A Council with 6 Officers, 15 ex-officio members and 5 elected members is supported by functional committees that oversee the Academy’s affairs.
Objectives of the Academy
- Advancing the art and science of medicine
- Developing continuing medical education
- Promoting integrity, ethics and standards in medical practice
- Improving healthcare for Hong Kong citizens
- Fostering co-operation among medical practitioners
- Facilitating communication in the medical profession